Google, Amazon, Verizon, the NSA, and others are currently compiling an “Encyclopedia Galactica” of metadata for the same reason Seldon did in Asimov’s books… to influence decisions that people make. Having data about where people go, how long they stay there, who they call and how long they talk, and hundreds of other metrics, Big Data analysts seek patterns in previous behaviors to influence future behaviors of individuals.
- TAC Talk Episode 4: Virtusa Polaris Insight Live
- TAC Talk Episode 3: Reducing Baseline Costs through Better Demand Management
- TAC Talk Episode 2: Cyber Security Insurance
- TAC Talk Episode 1: Why Cloud business planning is more difficult than you think – and what to do about it.
- Didn’t We Just Do This Last Year?